Ryan completed the Epic Mud Run a few weeks ago in preparation for the Warrior Dash in October. Yup, that's right. While everyone else at this run was enjoying the beer and party-like atmosphere, Ryan was sizing up the types of competitors that are drawn to these type of runs and making mental notes on ways to approach each of the different obstacles (for instance, scaling small walls, bales of hay, steep hills of mud, water pits, & giant slip-n-slides. Seriously). The kids and I went to cheer him on and also make sure he didn't over do it. Unfortunately, after he signed up for the run, he caught something and actually had a fever the day of the race. He assured me that he felt fine and that he would have gone for a run anyway. My stipulation was that he JOG the run and not do anything crazy.
I think I have something to look forward to next year. Epic Mud Run over Labor Day Weekend 2012 anyone?
1 comment:
Yes! I just started running again so lets plan on it!
Post a Comment