I must say, I didn't even know that four people even read what I wrote on here! Apparently I need to inquire rather than just report. Thanks to my fabulous Mom-friends who are always there with perspecitve and advice. What would I do without you guys? I am really lucky to have such great people in my life!.
One of the things I have enjoyed most about being a mom is sharing my experiences with other mothers who are going through the same things. This has especially been vital when I find myself trying to control too much during this parenting process. I would like to think that because my job requires me to work with many different types of kids everyday, I really want to try to make sure that I do this right. This is even more poignant when I realize that some of my students are not getting the things they need at home; sometimes emotional support and guidance, and sometimes more pressing needs such as food and a safe place to be. Reflecting on Maslow's Heirarchy of Needs, it is nearly impossible to work on intellectual growth at school when a student hasn't slept or ate adequately. Anyway, all that to say that sometimes I try to control too much; maybe to make up for what I see is lacking everyday.
I am going to sign off today with some pictures from the wedding we attended this weekend in Kansas City (You'll have to click the links below. Psswrd: Natalia). The couple had a photobooth at the reception in lieu of the disposables-on-table trend that has been big for a few years. It was a really neat touch, and we obviously took advantage. And you'll be happy to know that Corinne was even allowed to break her 7:00 bedtime to enjoy the dancing and festivities. See, I'm not crazy all the time :)
Family!
3 comments:
cute cute cute!!!!!!!!!! What a cool idea!
Very cute! We're going to do that at ours too.... The only difference: It fits 12 people in it!!
Haha, more than four people read your blog! I'm able to inform family in New York about you guys (and Jess and Reed!) through reading your blogs!
http://aivalley.blogspot.com
Here's my blog! Hope to see you all soon! We miss you very much!
-Aileen
Post a Comment